Jarrett Fuller is an independent designer, writer, podcaster, and educator based in Brooklyn, NY. He’s worked with clients large and small, including Instagram, Johns Hopkins University, Maryland Institute College of Art, and Wondermade Confectioners.
He currently teaches in the graduate Communication Design program at Pratt Institute, in the undergraduate graphic design program at The New School Parsons School of Design, and is a Senior Lecturer at The University of the Arts. He previously was on the adjunct faculty in the undergraduate graphic design department at Maryland Institute College of Art.
He hosts the weekly podcast, Scratching the Surface, where he interviews designers, writers, critics, and researchers about the intersection of design criticism and practice. Previous guests have included Michael Bierut, Alexandra Lange, Steven Heller, Experimental Jetset, Jessica Helfand, and Michael Rock.
From 2013 to 2015, he was a designer at Facebook on their Business Marketing team where he worked on a range of interactive, branding, and environmental projects. Previously he was a designer at Warby Parker and helped develop the brand through a range of web, print, and retail projects. In 2016, he was an intern at The Whitney Museum of American Art. He was a 2016 participant in Triple Canopy’s Publication Intensive, a two-week workshop that explores the history and future of publishing.
Jarrett received his MFA in graphic design, with a critical studies concentration, in 2017 from the Maryland Institute College of Art and his BFA in graphic design in 2011 from Kutztown University.
- Parsons BFACD Faculty Highlight
- Exchanged: A podcast about design podcasts, interview
- Podcast takes on nitty gritty of design practice and criticism, Dallas Morning News, feature
- Design Feaster, interview
- Design Observer: Rough Sketches, feature
- Through Process: Back to School, interview
- I Lost My Work Husband, New York Magazine, feature
- Through Process: Minimalist LEGO Characters From Game Of Thrones, interview
- Design Bureau, interview